Friday, March 8, 2013

Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (No Nuts, No Flour!)


This is, without a doubt, one of the easiest recipes I have ever found. I keep adding to it and trying it different ways. And they're always fabulous.

I first made these, years ago, for a special little girl in my life with Celiac Disease. It's so hard to find good treats for them. And it's hard enough when you're an adult - but to be a child and not have a decent cookie? Ridiculous. So we tried everything. This was one that stuck and we still make today. Only now we add chocolate chips, because - why not?!


Ingredients:

1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Other Utensils:

Large bowl
Spoon
Cookie sheet
Cooling Racks


Directions:

Preheat oven to: 350 degrees.

In large bowl, combine the sugar and peanut butter until well mixed. Add the egg. Stir until combined completely. Fold in chocolate chips.

(I would use mini-chips, only I never have them. So I usually take almost 1/2 cup of large chips and throw them into my food processor to create a small - albeit not well formed and pretty - chocolate piece. You could use the normal sized chips, as well. I just find that they're a bit large for the small cookies I prefer to make mine into and the small pieces fit better and melt a tad better). 

Drop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and press down slightly. I make my cookies almost bite-sized. So I usually get at least 20 cookies from this recipe.

Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cookies sit for 5 minutes (this is important! moving them too soon is not only difficult, but messy as they will crumble) and then transfer to a wire cooking rack to cool.


Most importantly: ENJOY!

Variations:
These are great without the chocolate chips.
These are also just as great with Splenda as a substitute for sugar.



No comments:

Post a Comment