Thursday, December 19, 2013

Crock Pot Caramel (One Ingredient Only...Really!)


I'm sure that this "tip" (I can't really call it a recipe, seriously.) is all over the Internet. But I hadn't come across it until someone posted a recipe for a bundt cake in a crock pot with this caramel sauce cooking in the center (to create the hole in the cake). So I figure there has to be more people like me, who didn't know this tasty nugget of information. And who doesn't love homemade caramel sauce?

It's easy.

Take one can of sweetened condensed milk. 

Remove label. 

Set can into crock pot.


Fully cover the can with water. 

Set crock pot on high. 

Cook for 4 hours. 

Remove from crock pot. 

Let can cool. 

Open. 

Stir. 

That's it. Done. It looks like this after removed and put into a mason jar.



I wanted to save what we didn't use that night, and I was curious how much it made in regards to a mason jar, as I think it would make an amazing gift basket. Think: Caramel sauce in the center of a basket, some nice nuts in a tin, and a basket of delicious apples. What could be better? 

No comments:

Post a Comment