Friday, February 7, 2014

Red Velvet Cake Cookies

 A couple of notes before I give you the recipe for this amazing cookie. 
  1. I don't like cookies much. But these? These I had to hide from myself. We made them for a friend and I didn't want to eat them all.
  2. I like to make most things from scratch. So I'm sure that these would be great if you made the flour mixture yourself. But when cake mixes are on sale for 98 cents? You find inventive ways to use them.
  3. I can't take the credit for this as I snatched it from Mr. Food. Here's his original recipe. I just skipped the frosting. And they didn't need it, trust me.
  4. Sorry there are no good pictures of them. But I couldn't stop myself from sneaking a few and I had to wrap them up right away or risk them never getting to their destination.
    They're fantastic (and easy!)

Ingredients:
1 box red velvet cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons water
1 cup white chocolate chips

Other utensils: 

Bowl
Spoon
Cooking Spray
Cookie Sheets
Cooling Rack

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 

Combine box mix, eggs, oil, water and mix well. 

Fold in white chocolate chips. 

Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. 

Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool for 3 minutes or more. 

Transfer cookies to wire cooling rack until completely cool. (And try not to eat them in the process. Go ahead, I dare you.)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment