Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Dill Dip (and Dressing!)

In my last post I told you about this fabulous recipe that had shown up on my Facebook page for baked zucchini. We loved it! The dip that the original poster made (find her blog here) was fantastic. We cut back just the amount of one ingredient, added a bit more of one, and instead of season salt (as that has the dreaded garlic I have to avoid in it) we used a regular sea salt. It was fantastic! I think I owe her a Christmas present or something.

We used the dip with other veggies the next night, then with chips, and finally I turned the remainder into a fabulous dressing. As someone who can't eat Ranch dressing? I was pretty sure I should give her my first born child. I haven't had Ranch dressing in years. And there are just times you want a nice creamy dressing. She gave me that. Forever indebted, original poster. Forever indebted.



Ingredients:

1 cup Sour Cream
3/4 cup Mayo (I used just under 3/4 cup. Exact measurements be darned!)
1 Tablespoon Parsley Flakes
1 Teaspoon Dill Weed
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 1/2 Tablespoons Minced Onions

Other Utensils:
Bowl
Spoon


Directions:
Mix all ingredients
Taste
Love it
Decide to make a second batch

The original poster said to leave it in the fridge for 2 hours. I thought, psh, it's fabulous now. Guess what? over night? EVEN BETTER. She was right.





















Pictured: 
Dill Dip with it's distance cousins eggplant and zucchini.

Tip: The original poster nailed it with the idea of using the low-fat sour cream and mayo. I would definitely stick to that if you're looking to keep any sort of healthiness to this recipe. It's tasty either way. I have made it enough times to tell you there's no difference there. And it's amazing. Each and every time. 

Dressing: Take a spoonful of the dip and a few splashes of milk (I use 1% but any should work) and whisk with a fork until you have the desired consistency. Trust me, it's worth the effort and delightful as a salad topping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment